Difference between revisions of "Mémoires from Germline Hacks and Body Mods"
(→Make you own CRISPR-Baby - Swissnex, San Francisco, USA - 2019)
(→CRISPR Kit Reflections - Akademie Schloss Solitude, Stuttgart, Germany - 2016)
|Line 23:||Line 23:|
=== BioCyber Kidzz ===
=== BioCyber Kidzz ===
Revision as of 12:12, 26 September 2020
Let's make a zine
Putting together a non-complete list of workshops and sessions around the topic
Make you own CRISPR-Baby - Swissnex, San Francisco, USA - 2019
Transgenic ballistics and birth of a baby melon
Authors: Marc Dusseiller, Megan Daalder & Adam Zaretky
CRISPR Kit Reflections - Akademie Schloss Solitude, Stuttgart, Germany - 2016
CRISPR Kit Reflections at The Laboratory Solitude - Dec 2016
Authors: Urs Gaudenz, Rüdiger Trojok, Mary Maggic & Marc Dusseiller
Short Description (please translate and use english and slovenian
Hacking the human body has become commonplace and many people have body modifications such as tattoos, piercings or even advanced medical prosthetics. Simple and playful body hacks that allow enhancing our human performance can be made with just few and cheap materials, such as cardboard, magnets and LEDs. In this playful laboratory setting we will investigate with the children: hearing with a Bio-Acoustics Ear and hacking their touch perception by the Magnetic Finger or a Disco-on-a-Fingertip and finally explore a Photosynthetic Skin.
Authors: Monika Pocrnjić, Maya SMrekar, Marc Dusseiller & Špela Petrič
- Body Augmentation - a deliberate modification of the body to change or improve its properties/performance.
- Biomimicry - imitating a shape or phenomenon found in nature.
- Body Hacks - playful modifications of the human body using easily accessible materials.
- Enhanced Sensory Perception - the ability to sense things better than we usually do or beyond the five senses (touch, sight, sound, smell, taste)
- Photosynthesis - the biological process of turning light into energy rich organic compounds, found in algae, plants and some microorganisms.
- LED - Light Emitting Diode, an electrical component that turns an electric current into light.
- Permanent Magnet - a material that produces a magnetic field, a force that pulls on other ferromagnetic materials, such as iron.
- Sodium Alginate - a ionic polysaccharide from brown algae that turns into a gel when you mix it with bivalent calcium ions.
BioCyber Kidzz - zB Finger hacks
Garage, Moscow - Body augmentations (see attached image)
(Garage - Mit Adam, Biolistic DIY GeneGun)
Solitude, Stuttgart - Design Speculations on CRISPR-Kits
Tokyo - Chrisper-Chäsli
San Francisco - Make-Your-Own-CRISPR Baby