Day 3 - 17th January, 2013 - Ganzfeld Experiment
We started the class with a brief discussion on the Ganzfeld Experiment.[]
AIM: To test the existence of telepathy (paranormal acquisition of information).
What you'll need:
- 1 Ping pong ball
- Bright light(preferably red)
- Source of static noise
- Medical tape
- The receiver cuts a ping pong ball in half, and tapes each half over his/her eyes.
- The receiver is then made to 'stare' at a bright light while listening to white noise(static) for 30 minutes.
- The sender concentrates on an image, word or emotion and tries to telepathically convey the same to the receiver.
- The receiver may or may not receive signals relating to what is being 'sent', and he/she describes the hallucinations aloud.
- The sender notes down the descriptions as observation.
- Small fish in deep dark ocean
- Weird smell of wax burning
- Someone wearing a trench-coat and running with a knife
- Long hair
- A tall man
- A dinosaur tail
- Someone who loves food sitting with a table full of food, but eating daintily with a knife and fork.
- Lots of dots
- Someone with glasses
- Tina Fey
When we conducted the experiment, the first session had a 33% success rate, whereas, the second session had a 14% success rate.